‘Dancing for a Cause’ – Q & A with Dr. James Howell
Ballroom Dance Lessons in Charlotte, NC
1. What were your initial thoughts when the YMCA asked you to participate in ‘Dancing for a Cause?’
I absolutely declined the invitation. I don’t like the risk of making a fool of myself.
2. Have you danced prior to this event?
Oddly enough, only twice in my adult life. Once as Clara’s father in the Nutcracker, and once playing Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music. So, evidently I only dance in front of large crowds…
3. What made you decide to keep this event a secret from your wife?
Got the kooky idea that it would be fun to take her to the event, and then surprise her by standing up to be part of the event. But somebody tattled, so the gig is up.
4. Describe your experience thus far…
It’s been terrific fun each week to come to Metropolitan Ballroom. Tania is patient, a wonderful teacher, and encourages me even after I’ve stepped on her feet.
5. Knowing what you know now, would you do it all over again?